The coordination of events is an essential part of Central Management, as scientific events are an excellent way to connect iDiv scientists to each other and to the broader scientific community.
Events at iDiv range from small (e.g., hosting a single guest), medium (e.g., sDiv workshops) and large (e.g., our annual conference, which brings together ~300 scientists associated with iDiv). The Scientific Events unit is the key contact for iDiv scientists planning an event and provides complete logistical support for planning, organising and executing scientific events.
Event coordination services:
- Working with hosts to coordinate agenda, planning of scientific programme
- Arranging all meeting-related logistics (reserving rooms in iDiv buildings, providing infrastructure incl. IT, registration, videoconferencing, etc.).
- Participant management and travel organisation assistance and reimbursements
- On-site support (help desk, IT equipment, meeting room preparation)
- Maintaining event website
- Evaluation and quality management